Congrats to those of you who got the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I’m not bitter. At all. Here are the things you should do now that you are approved. (Here’s a referral link to apply for it)FU
1. Log in to your Chase account and see if the CSR has appeared yet. If it has, activate your Lounge Access Here
No clicky means no loungey. In case you had no idea, the lounge access that comes with CSR allows you to bring unlimited guests into the lounge, so make some friends at the airport and share the lounge with them lolSTRANGERDANGER
Most of the PP lounges in the US suck, but their international properties are rock solid. I mean, just look at this lounge in HKG with its own noodle bar:
2. Using the same link mentioned earlier, you can get elite statuses for Car Rental companies. This one is useful if you rent cars a lot, as you get random upgrades and what not.
3. Think of the one city in the world that you really want to go to. Go to AwardHacker, put in your origin city, your dream destination, and check the box next to Ultimate Rewards like this:
So for example, if you are in San Fran and want to go to Seoul, and you can travel during the offpeak season, your search results would look like this:
Yes, that means it takes 55.3K Singapore Airline Miles to go to Seoul Round trip. Then you gotta do some math and compare that against the other CSR redemption option, which is the Chase UR portal. Multiply 55.3k by 1.5 cents to get the amount of $829. Can you get a ticket from SFO to ICN for less than $829? If so, then it’s better to buy the flight on Chase’s portal than to transfer to Singapore Airline Miles as the portal will cost you less UR points.
4. Now that I got you thinking about international travel, you should probably think about getting Global Entry. CSR pays for the application fee of $100, and when finishes, you get to skip in front of the plebs. It’s best if you start applying for Global Entry right away since the forms take a while to fill out(an hour or two, depending on if you got your shit together), and you can save your progress without paying. Just pay when you get your card in your fancy little boxes you ungrateful litt..sorry, accidentally let my jealousy get the best of me there.
5. Have a plan of using up the $300 travel credit before the end of your December Statement. Let’s say your statement closes on the 22nd of every month. you should make your $300 travel purchases before that, since your travel credits reset every calendar year. In the unfortunate event that you didn’t buy any travel stuff and decided to splurge on a $300 plane ticket on December 23rd, you would be SOL since your $300 credits for 2017 just got used up. So plan ahead.
6. Get a Chase Freedom(referral link) to complement your CSR. The freedom comes with a 15k point sign up bonus and rotating 5% cashback on different categories. For Q3 it’s 5% on Restaurants and Wholesale clubs, so it earns more points than your CSR. You can then transfer the points from Freedom to CSR for the 1.5cpp redemption or airline miles conversion. Simply Smashing.
7. Apparently all CSR cards are getting 1-2 day expedited shipping via UPS, no matter what the Customer Service Reps say. Use UPS MyChoice to get notified of upcoming packages like your 2lb box.
8. Point and those of us who got rejected for the application due to 5/24. Go ahead, I won’t cry. Loudly.